Sunday, January 20, 2008

12 years


this is my latest creation. this one is growing on me the more i look at it. this is 12 cardboard squares attached on top of the canvas. for some reason i have this fascination with simple shapes, like circles and squares. i'm easy to please, i guess. the colors are my favorites. i really think blue and orange work together the best out of all the complimentary colors. i mean red and green look great together if i were doing a christmas painting, but it wouldn't work for a painting like this. anyway, this painting has a double meaning. first it is a painting representing the last 12 years of my life and all the seasons that God has allowed me to go through. in addition, the painting is just representing all 4 seasons that we experience each year. either way, God is into change. whether it be physically, mentally or spiritually, growth always means that we go through seasons of change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see where guy oked with his finger!
Just kidding.
Beautiful